- 1 1/2 Cups (375g) Polish twaróg (Farmer’s) cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 1/3 medium onion
- 1/4 cup green onion
- (Optional) 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- (Optional) 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- (Optional) 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- Put twaróg into a mixing bowl, and press on it with a fork until it separates into smaller curds.
- Add salt and pepper to the curd mix. For a more even taste consistency, mix.
- Take a medium sized onion, and chop 1/3 of it into smaller pieces. Combine curd mix and onions.
- Add chopped green onion into the mix.
- (Optional) Add cherry tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half before adding.
- (Optional) Add sliced radishes to the mix.
- (Optional) Add chopped cucumbers to the mix.
- Mix everything. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, serve and enjoy.
You can use light sour cream and add less salt for a healthier option.
Goes well with toasted rye bread with butter. You can put the mixture on virtually any type of bread, bun or even a pita.
Interested in more recipes?
We’ve recently launched a Polish Recipe Facebook group. Join us.